I looked over.
To the right was an open doorway. Past it sped a small rabbit. A grey rabbit. A terrified rabbit.
Another blur sped past the door. A blur of fur and teeth. A blur of hungry coyote.
I was in a building. Many rooms. Much like a maze.
I was not alone. The coyote and rabbit were in the building too.
The room in which I was standing was the central part. Doors all around me.
Rabbit and pursuer were seen through these doors. Around they went. And around again.
The weary rabbit was loosing strength. Soon it would be caught.
Stand by and let it die? Watch a creature suffer? No.
I ran through the nearest door way. They were nowhere in sight.Wait. Was that them?
The rabbit feebly limped past. The coyote was not far behind.
I grabbed the villainous creature and held it tightly. It wriggled violently to free itself. I held on tighter.
It did not snap at me. No. Not yet.
Its eyes were black and so was its fur. A black coyote. A rare species. Perhaps only found in the land of imagination.
Each unsuccessful attempt to loosen my grasp, angered it more. His eyes threatened that it would bite.
I held it tighter. I was worn out.
Threatening eyes. I needed help.
My mouth opened. A scream for Sarah was in my mouth.
A whisper came out.
Screams into whispers. She would never hear me.
Eyes told me biting time was here.
I let go and turned to run.
Rabbit was free. Coyote had new rabbit.
I looked behind me. It was coming.
Big black eyes. Black threatening eyes.
I woke up. 4:10. An hour and twenty minutes left to sleep.
(I went back to sleep and dreamt of trying to hide from Emmausites and then being chased all over a 18 storey apartment building.)
4 comments:
Wow.
Are you having a "Nella" nightmare???
or....perhaps a bad conscience?
Anyway sorry you had it if it scared you....
*Whistles* Wow, Snap, that was an impressive piece of writing, scary dream aside. What did you eat before bed?
Way to paint it, sis!
Paint what and which sis????
I agree with Sarah; I'm sorry you had the dream, but this blog post is very well-written.
Post a Comment