We built the awesomest snow fort today. Almost all the snow in the front yard is completely gone, and we barely had enough to get the fort somewhat finished. Instead of having a square fort, we made it in a circle so that it will be harder for the attackers to climb up over it and we somewhat smoothed the outside. It looks somewhat like a keep. Matt was sad that we couldn't put battlements on it. It is really tall. Well, tall for us. We couldn't get it any higher than almost five feet 'cause it would be hard to lift the snow above our heads.
I hope it stays for a while. 'Twould be quite sad if it all melted before we got to use it. :( If it lasts, we can add onto it. It still needs to be taller and the doorway needs to be extended and an arch needs to be placed over the entrance. There are only two fire steps inside, so we will need to put in a couple more. We could also put an extention on it and make it a two room fort. Any improvements will have to wait 'till we get more snow, though.
The outside of the fort isn't perfectly smooth like I would like, but my dear helpers decided that it was time to quit. They did do a good job, dispite quiting at the end. I guess I kind of wore them out. : ) Maybe they will go to sleep earlier tonight.
No co-op tommorrow : ( Sorrow.
Oh, and only a month 'till Christmas. Yikes.
2 comments:
Don't say that! I like to think that I'll be able to finish *making* all my gifts before then! You don't want to make me despair do you?!??
Why did I have to quit that stupid dead-end job? :P
that is a big fort though my shoulders and head at least would still the over the walls if it is only 5 foot
Post a Comment