Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sarah bakes a spice cake

The roar of the electric mixer could be heard throughout the house as my favorite older sister whipped the ingredients in the bowl.
After whipping for a minute, she set down her beater, and turned to look at the recipe.

“Oh no”, She gasped., “I creamed the butter with the EGGS instead of with the SUGAR!” looking at me she added, “I hope it doesn't make a difference.”
With that she continued with the cake.

Once again, I was startled by yet another yell of panic. “OH, NO!!!! I just added to much milk to the batter!!!” After which, she immediately she broke into song, “Oh, I am a Pirate King, and it is it is a glorious thing to be a pirate king....”

“Oh”, she said interrupting her song, “Can I use brown sugar in the cake?”

After several more episodes of “Oh, No....” , she decided, “Oh, I guess I’m not thinking real great this morning. I guess I better call this cake a flop and start over.

(She ended up baking it anyways and it turned out alright. I guess forgetting things when cooking runs in the family )

2 comments:

sarahlaughed said...

:O !

>:P

Anonymous said...

Not just in your family but in others as well :-)