It was pretty awesome, cause not only did BOTH of our pastors come, but more of the youth than we expected, AND our two nannies, Darleen and Teacher Faye, who took took care of us for almost six years, AND my favorite teacher from when Sarah and used to go to a private school. I'm so happy, 'cause neither Sarah or Mom cried during the ceremony! Yes!
During the reception, I was sitting with the Overly Fun Person, and this lady from our home school co-op came up, and gave me a hug saying, "you did such a good job". For a moment I was bewildered, and finally guessed she must be talking about the dresses I made for the graduation. Then she continued to comment on something, I can't exactly remember what exactly. After a while I was pretty certain that she had mistook me for Sarah, but I didn't exactly know how to tell her that without making her feel bad. As long as she talked in a way that could be truthfully answered by me, then I wouldn't have to say anything. It became certain that she thought she was talking to Sarah when she said "so I hear you have been taking classes at ____". Not exactly knowing how to say it, but knowing I couldn't truthfully respond to this one, I politely, or at least tried to make it polite, said, "Um, I'm not Sarah."
2 comments:
oh dear you sure I guess I have made a horrible mistake. ;-) Anyway you did do a great job. You made the Invites, the dresses, helped with all the pictures and stuff I'm sure I don't know about!
I don't really mind being mistaken as Sarah. Sometimes it can be quite funny. :) :D
Post a Comment