Monday, June 30, 2008

Man makes plans, but God determines the outcome

Karen and I decided on the way home, in 2011, she and I are going to go on a trip, beginning in Maine, and traveling along the Atlantic Coast until we reach Florida. In Florida I will be able to visit my Godmother. By then, I will legally be my own person, and should be able to drive (and have a job, cause by then gas will cost 10 dollars a gallon.

Wait! I could get Penrod/Hiawatha (the guy that takes the photographs for the postcards, who, if you didn't know, lives in Berrien Center) to hire me, and then Karen and I would be paid to to on the trip!!! We can stop at all the beautiful places along the way and will be able to photograph them.

Then 2012 I could study abroad for a year in Scotland, the land of my forefathers, of Wallace and Bruce, of bagpipes, and green hills, and sheep, and, of course if Karen wanted to, then she could come with me to chaperon, for no lady travels without a companion.

Ha! Like any of this will ever happen! It is still fun to wish, though.

11 comments:

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

Sounds like a grand trip, and a grand good time.

I should tell you sometime about the big train trip I took from one end of the country to the other, and back again (like a Hobbit!). I didn't stop to smell any roses, nor did I take any pictures, but it was a productive trip, and I think you would enjoy some of my anecdotal memories of it.

OFHP said...

Well it sounds like I need to start saving my pennies!!!! :-)

And I guess I'm going to be glad to have a new knee with all the sight seeing..........


Pastor;
I too would love to hear about the trip.....things to learn from so we know what to do on our trip because after all I'll be that much older :-) almost 24!!!!!

Snap said...

Yes! I love listening to other peoples stories. Now I really can't wait till you get home! :)

Nicholai said...

Can I come to Florida to that is where my God family lives

Snap said...

Sure! :)

sarahlaughed said...

Can I come to Scotland?

And learn Ballads?

Snap said...

Probably by then you will already be old and married and not have the time to go.

sarahlaughed said...

What!???!!!

Snap said...

Well Dad did tell you that you're old enough to court now. :)

sarahlaughed said...

GRRR! :P

Snap said...

Ha ha you did give me permission to tell!! I was reallllly surprised that you did. You must not have really been thinking when you said yes