The best thing about winter is that the grass doesn't have to be mown, though by the spring I am so glad to see green grass that I don't really care about mowing for the first couple of times. Our lawn mower, which we have had for more than 10 years, got water in the engine, and yes, it was my fault. By the time the lawnmower started for the first time in two weeks, the grass was really long. Since we didn't have much choice, we started mowing. About 4 feet into the lawn, the lawn mower decided that it was done, it needed a long rest and refused to start. When I last checked, it was still on strike.
Three weeks with no lawnmower, and the grass was soon so tall that all you could see from the road was our chimney (OK, I'm exaggerating a little bit), but anyways, Dad finally decided that he would have to get a new lawnmower. When we finally got it, and introduced to the grass, it promptly choked on it, leaving the yard looking very chewed up. It took several mowing jobs before it began to look decent. )
Oh, well, at least we don't have to water it!
Or stomp down mole holes.
Or put poisoned mole peanuts in all the little mole holes, even though they don't reuse the ones that we stomp down.
Or set mole traps and kill poor little moles :(
2 comments:
I would happily mow your lawn if I could easily transport our mower your way and the grass wasn't quite so long. Can your goats help?
The goats like to leave little presents in the lawn, making it not so much fun to play in the front yard :) Our lawn mower is now working very well, but thank you all the same :)
Post a Comment