Long did we sit 'neath the shade of your branches,
Sheltered from sun and the rain,
But now you are gone, and much do were mourn,
And sunburt, we are filled with pain.
Alas, our dear maple, we had but one choice,
For your trunk had almost rot through.
And as dear as you were, and dear you are still,
We cherished our house more than you
Thankfully it didn't fall on the house. :)
4 comments:
mean old Snap killing a tree possibly save you and your family as well as your house how could you...... Oh wait I would do the same
I really like squished houses, but dad didn't think that was such a great thing
yeah I like sleeping in a tent but not for my whole life
Sniff, Sniff.
Dr. Eck's tree is all gone. It was a beautiful tree and the yard isn't the same without it. It makes me want to leave for college just so I won't have to look at the bare patch that was green all through my childhood. Sobs.
Post a Comment