Oh, please?
Please let the ice melt overnight so we can get down to church tomorrow. The roads are still pretty awful, and whatever snow melted today will now freeze all over the road and then we won't be able to get down to South Bend. Missing a whole two Divine Services would be awful. :(
I forgot my library book was due today. Oh yay. Hopefully it won't matter so much if Dad can drop it off on his way to work in the morning. I still need to check out Snow Goose, but I guess I'll just have to do that some other time. Perhaps I can do that when Mom and I go to get my books for the college classes.
Sarah will be leaving in only about a week. :( Then we won't see her till maybe after Easter. That will be a long time. :( Her cell phone (Verizon) doesn't work in Canada, so now I get to keep her cell phone so that I will be able to call Mom if I need help at college. Also I can take it when I go biking, since Mom and Dad finally agreed to let me bike by myself now that Sarah is gone.
There are lots of owls outside this week. Last night there was one really close to our house. It is fun to take a walk in the dark and then get scared by silly owls or coyotes. As long as someone is with me, it isn't that scary, but for some odd reason, even though they aren't dangerous, I still can't get myself to go in the woods on my own when it is dark. Perhaps if I had a strong tall body guard with a long sword I would venture out after dark. :P
Matt is pretty happy with the stack of WWII documentary videos that he got for Christmas. They are interesting, but so very sad and... and..... just awful. It isn't some made up stage dramatization, this is actual footage; real men being killed; real ships sinking; real planes falling into the ocean; real sweethearts grieving. I almost can't watch it without getting sick. Oh Father, how could men do such horrible things to their fellow creatures?
No comments:
Post a Comment