I have all the time in the world, and I don't feel motivated to do anything. I have to get things done for the county fair that is in two weeks and I don't have anything done for it yet. I could work on my crosstitch, but I don't like the way it is turiing out, and the fence looks really weird. i could finish painting that picture I was suposed to get finished, but I don't like the way that looks either. Or I could work on the story that I have to edit, but I cant do tha when i feel restless like this. You can't work on any type of art unlesss you feel like doing it or it looks forced. Once I get dicouraged with any long project, I just stop with it and perhaps in a tear or two I will find it at the bottom of a pile and maybe get a little more done until I give up again. :P
For some odd reason, this year I don't really care that much if I don't get anything done for the fair. It doesn't really matter. I've entered for the past four years or so, won my share of ribbons, and suceeded in all that I wanted. What do you do when you have met all your goals in a certain feild? Miss Nana is rather upset with me since I haven't gone to any of the 4-H goat practices this year, but I don't want to win showmanship this year. (I'm not saying that if I tried I would win, but that the intent of attending out 4-H goat practices is to prepare for showmanship. I'm just saying that if I don't care about winning, instead of standing out in the heat practicing walking my goat around in the show ring, I could be doing somehting more important that I actually care about) Why not let someone else win? As nice as trophies are, in the end they only collect dust. And how many ribbons does an individul actually need?
Just because I no longer feel that 4-H is that important in my life doesn't mean that my siblings should feel the same way. We are each given special talents, and none of us are the same. My days of livestock are done, but I do hope that Nana and Matt will continue to enjoy the benifits of raising goats. Matt has really shown a lot of resposibility and has done taken over the job of goatherd management very well, as also has Miss Nan. Now Bunny.... well, lets just say that you never ahve to worry about him hurrying through a job :P
Wow! that was a long post. It was almost longer than TQ's shorter posts.... :)
8 comments:
this is a weird post. You seem to be talking about how you think that you are lazy about not getting your projects done but also you seem to be bragging at about how you are really good at getting trophies and stuff. Anyway I think you will have plenty of cross stitch with little kids in the near future so if you don't feel like doing it for the fair that makes perfect sense. As for painting. painting was always my least favorite form of art so i would probably already given up by now. For goats. I think they are really cute as babies but I wouldn't want to keep a big animal that I have to feed early in the morning and all that mainly because i am lazy. It would kill me to have to take a cow, goat, hoarse, or pig in the fair. even chickens and Rabbits. Wow this was along comment
it was weird.... it was just supposed to be a short post about how I didn't feel motivated to do anything, and it just going
I didn't say I feel lazy (though i know sometimes I am) but simply that odly I no longer care about the winning and such. I used to spend hours working on projects that I would take to the fair, trying to place well, and get a trophy or a ribbon, but now I don't care if I get a C ribbon or if I get a Champion ribbon.
I wasn't trying to brag, I'm sorry if it came across that way :(
sorry I wasn't trying to say you were exactly. i was just trying to say that it sounded like you were making fun of yourself for not getting it done and then talking about how many ribbons you have. Hmmmm this isn't sounding like I want it to sound.
Just forget everything I said already
No, no, its fine, :) I understand what you were rying to say, i jsut don;t want you to missunderstand what i was trying to say :)
You guys.... :P
WHAT?!
Snap! I totally understand what you are saying and neither saw it as bragging or really complaining. It sounds to me like you are processing some truths of life. THere are several kids in my family who have processed the same sort of thing in the last few years and seeing as it is fair time, we are reprocessing it again. If it is any comfort, you can talk to any of the three older kiddos and trust me, they have processed the same thoughts. Hugs from this mom.
Post a Comment