Thursday, January 8, 2009

College Classes

Ah, my own sweet Windows Vista! I am so glad to have you. No matter how much my Art 100 teacher rants about your faults, I will still hold you in highest esteem. And you, Macintosh! You difficult and backwards form of technology! I utterly despised working with you. You do not deserve to be in our computer lab, or be preferred over my dear familiar Windows. Your mouse is inept, your screen is too big, your desktop unmaneuverable, and you don’t have a control key!!!! How lame is that?!?!?

Anyways, everything went okay(ish) today. It is kind of odd cause all of Sarah’s teachers at [local community college] were women, whereas, all of mine are male. Psychology was actually the best of all the classes. The professor looks almost like Dr. Heidenrich, and he is really short. :D His only fault, if it can be considered a fault, is that he constantly wears a huge smile, but you can see when it is just a pasted smile and when it is genuine. We didn’t get much of a lecture today, since all the teacher had to read the syllabus out loud to the students, but what he was able to say was very interesting.

The math class was terribly boring. So dull, since it was all review. I don’t think I’ll like this class that much, but I can’t not take it because I didn’t test out of it. The only bright spot in the whole class was the lovely white board on the wall. So smooth and clean. The professor’s markers were new and glided effortlessly onto that elegant white expanse. With such a beautiful board, one would expect the writing on it to at least hold some respect for the board’s nobility, but, oh horror, the professor had awful scrawling script. That great board was humiliated by the heedlessness and insensitivity of its treatment. He didn’t even use the bottom half of the board. With his giant reckless penmanship, the professor would write only three lines and then move to the next board, and then when he had used up what he wanted of that he returned to the first board and rudely wiped at his mess, not even was he gentle in erasing. It was such a same to see a board of that sophistication scribbled with ghastly handwriting; it should have been covered from the top, all the way to the bottom with the solution to a complex problem, not distastefully abused. I guess I didn’t really get much out of that class. :P

5 comments:

sarahlaughed said...

I hope the computers become more to your liking and the math class as well. It is terribly hard to witness the pollution of such a fine piece of purity is it not? :)

Snap said...

Yes, such agony I endured. It was even slender and pale. :D Everything one could wish for.

sarahlaughed said...

"Slender and pale" indeed! :P Humbug!

Moria said...

I do get frustrated with Windows, but I'm totally with you on the mouse. How can one use a mouse with only one button?

(Isn't one of the special Apple keys supposed to serve as a control key?)

Snap said...

Yeah, there is a replacement key for the control key, it is just hard to remember which one it is. : )