I'm lazy, and I don't have any more computer space, so I'll have to wait to post photos from the past couple days.
On Friday night, we had to got to a ceremony and reception for one of Mom's prolife things. The main reason why we went to DC was for this ceremony. We all had to dress up; Matt and Bunny wore suits. : ) After the ceremony, there were tons of people gathering around for the reception, so us kids went up in the balcony and watched everyone. Matt and Nana and Bunny would run down and get food and then we would sit and eat it up there. The dessert table was the least crowded, so we ate chocolate strawberries, and truffles and cakes. We finished up our meal with pasta, since the main course table was still so crowded that we couldn't get to it. : ) So healthy. Oh well. Mom and Dad talked until they were almost done putting everything from the dinner away. I think we were the last people to leave.
Yesterday we hiked out to Arlington National cemetery. On the way, we stopped at the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Wall. We had to cross the Potomac with an icy wind whipping over the bridge, making our fingers and toes and ears freeze. If you looked down you could see ice floating in large sheets below us. Nana and I didn't have any hats (bad us) so our faces got wind burnt. We went to one of Mommy's friends houses for dinner, and we didn't get back to the hotel till around 11:00.
Today, we went to a predominately African American Lutheran Church. It was okay, but definitely not Emmaus. Mom, Nana and I walked to the Textile Museum, and Dad and the boys are still at the American Indian Museum.
This is our last day in Washington, we get to leave on the 6:30 flight tomorrow, so we have to wake up around four or so. :P Lovely.
So much for getting much of the Cost of Discipleship read. It is hard to read when riding on the Metro, or when your little siblings are yelling at you to turn off the light and go to sleep. It is especially hard when the book by itself is very difficult to understand.
2 comments:
havem't I suggested a hat like a million times
Not quite a million....
but the times you suggested a hat, I didn't need one. :D
Post a Comment