Last night, as we drove back from Emmaus, everyone in the car was dead silent. Except for the few times that dad made a brief comment on something, no one spoke or even moved. The only sound to be heard was the bump, bump, bump of the highway and the loud squeek of the air conditioning. It was a nice change from the normal Luke-flops-all-over-the-seat-and-pokes-and-pinches-us-to-make-us-laugh trip that we have on the way home from church. I guess normally we have Sarah with us too, who talks basically non-stop all the way to church and back.
This time Miss. Nana didn't chatter to fill in the holes of silence either. I was able to not say anyhting all the way home without haveing Miss Nana make up reasons why I was silent. Normally when I don't talk Nana asks me "Are you all right," and then with out waiting for an answer goes on saying thing that I never said, and not giving me time to answer any questions she gives me. "OH, no, Snap is verrrrrry sad. She doesn't like it when I talk. Are you mad at me Snap? Yes, she must be mad at me. Why are you mad at me? Snap doesn't like me. Why are you always so sad?" (she doesn't realize is that if she would actualy let me answer she might get a different story) Without taking a breath she goes on to ask Dad the same question that she asked him a week ago.
1 comment:
even if you aren't talking it is very loud in my dad's car with the music on thankfully I like the music so it is fine. My dad and I look really weird I think singing along to weird country songs. Martin about exploded when my dad was singing to "just put a girl in it"
Post a Comment